I know you were holding your breath.
Thanks, Amy Juicebox, for pulling me out of my writing slump by giving me a Liebster Award! It was great “e-meeting” you and all the other participants in the Blogging University WordPress 201 challenge back in April. I’d also like to shout out one of my bestest blogging buddies, Oscar, over at hermitsdoor for bestowing the “Shine A Light” award (delayed, but not forgotten!) This is my second Liebster and first Shine A Light. Rather than passing these awards along as I’ve done in the past, I would encourage you to visit both of their sites as well as the sites of those who comment on this post. I have awesome readers!
Now to the 11 questions posed by Amy…
1) What was the last book you read? The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah. My Mom gave me two great books for Christmas (Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg and The Coldest Winter Ever) and it was hard to decide which to read first. I am notorious for trying to multi-task and not being good at it, so I really wanted to read them both at the same time, alternating back and forth, chapter by chapter. I’m so glad I didn’t do that. These were both amazing books and I wouldn’t have done either of them justice if I’d divided my attention like that. So, based strictly on length, I chose to read Sheryl Sandberg’s book first and Sister Souljah’s second. I also found it incredibly appropriate and poetic that I read The Coldest Winter Ever during THE COLDEST WINTER EVER! This winter was *brutal* so I had plenty of inside time to read. I’m currently reading A Deeper Love Inside which is a sequel to The Coldest Winter Ever.
2) Do you think there is more hate in the world now or is it just being uncovered with instant access to everyone’s thoughts? That is a great question. I should have given a disclaimer at the beginning that there are some of these I’ll have to skip because I just don’t have the answer. And this is a deeeep question! Probably deserves an entire post dedicated to it.
3) What would you do for the vine? So I was super late to “the vine” and to what “doing it for the vine” even meant. So the most I’ve done for the vine was go online and proceed to stay there for like 5 straight hours one Saturday watching the entire world “do it for the vine”. I don’t even think I took a bathroom break! I’m kinda ashamed to admit that. But not really.
4) Spring, summer, fall or winter? Spring, baby. Spring all day. Luckily, I’ve been fortunate to not suffer from allergies over the past few years so I really like it when the flowers start to bloom! Plus anytime I can wear non-itchy clothes (or minimal clothes) that is my preference. (See here and here, specifically #4)
5) What is one of your life regrets? That I didn’t get my black belt in Taekwondo. I tested for my camaflouge belt, passed, and then quit right after that. I will never not be disappointed in myself for this.
6) You win $50 million tomorrow. What are the first 3 things you are doing? That’s easy. 1) Give the Lord his cut off top. Because I know from whence ALL my foolishness cometh! 2) Retire my Dad. 3) Retire myself. As a matter of fact, it may be the perfect time to start working on THIS.
7) Do you think the NCAA should pay “student”-athletes? Yes. Yes, I do.
8) What flavor is your birthday cake? Red Velvet or Strawberry
9) If you had to give one up, would it be Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest? Tumblr. Cuz I don’t have an account on there. So it’s pretty easy to give up something you don’t have. Plus it is misspelled. That makes it extra easy.
10) Are you ticklish? Sometimes. Particularly during pedicures.
11) Team Samsung or Team Apple? Either is fine with me. I have an Apple iPhone but a Samsung laptop. They both get the job done.
Answer these questions for yourself in the comments section!
“Like” me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/magnetforfoolishness
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/foolishmagnet