I don’t know about you, but one sure-fire way to guarantee that I WON’T do something is to put that something on a to-do list. I have “running” to-do lists all over the place. And those to-do lists literally feel like they’re running away from me! I’ve told myself that if the stuff sits on the list undone long enough, it will become less important. Or better yet, if it’s on the list for an extended period of time it clearly wasn’t really that important in the first place. It’s amazing how NOT important something turns out to be. Or, no, wait…that sounds kinda mean. So, what I meant to say was that I think stuff is totally important, it’s just that their relevance, prominence, and dominance in my life is slightly diminished by my inability to care. Was that nicer? Like for example….
- Mailing these postcards.—————–>
If you recall, I went on vacation to the Dominican Republic last Fall. While looking for some jewelry I’d misplaced, I came across these postcards in my suitcase. I guess I was supposed to mail these while I was still in the DR, right? My apologies Unc, Mama, BFF, and anybody else I promised to mail postcards to. I’m pretty sure you weren’t holding your breath for these, but I’ll try to get them in the mail to you next week.
- Reading blog posts. As I’m typing this, I have 41, 43, 44 unread blog posts (and still growing) sitting in my inbox. I don’t know if I should start with the most recent and work my way back, or the oldest and work my way forward. Or delete them all and start anew next week. Thing is, they NEVER stop. And they’re not spam because I signed up for them and enjoy reading and commenting on them. I fell behind ONE day and it just snowballed out of control. *sigh*
- Getting my oil changed. So remember I told y’all here about the hard lessons learned/the difference between owning a Civic and owning an Accord? Well, I’m hoping that the rules that apply for getting gas in a timely fashion DON’T apply for getting your oil changed in a timely fashion because I’m slightly over what the recommended mileage is. And by slightly, I mean about a thousand miles.
- Filling out my brackets for March Madness. Can I still do this? Cuz I really want to…My vote is for Tennessee girls and Memphis guys to go all the way!
- Doing my taxes. Not a lot to say about this one. It has been on my list since January. And the time has come. This is one list item that refuses to be ignored!
What things are (chronically) on your to-do list? Have you done your taxes yet? Wanna do mine?! Share with me in the comments section.
P.S. I’m sure by now you’ve come to the conclusion that this post was my attempt at a clever Part 2 for my last post. I had to break it up…I couldn’t put all that foolishness in one place.