Over the past several months, I have received The Versatile Blogger Award (x4) and the Liebster Award from fellow bloggers. The time has come for me to pay it (them?) forward.
For The Versatile Blogger Award, one must:
- Post a link to the person who gave you the award.
- Tell your readers seven random things about yourself.
- Award 15 newly discovered blogs.
- Send them a note letting them know you nominated them.
The intent of the Liebster award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules are very similar to those of The Versatile Blogger Award:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogosphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
Thanks to the people who nominated me for these awards. Please check out their blogs at: Byron’s Curse, Affirm This, Lorna’s Voice, Of Making Sense, and PortfolioPassionsandPurple. I am truly honored to receive this award from my fellow bloggers and happy to pass it along.
- I like cowboy boots, cowboy hats, and fiddles.
- If I could only watch one movie over and over again for the rest of my life, it would be Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.
- I might be writing a book. Maybe. (Please note: This doesn’t mean that I have a book deal, it just means that I might be writing a book…maybe.)
- I wish I were fluent in a language other than English and Pig Latin.
- I’m hungry.
- I almost FOR REAL broke my neck this morning in yoga class trying to do a headstand knowing that I couldn’t do it but all the chix around me were doing it so…
- Despite what I just said in number 6, I am NOT a follower! Unless, of course, we’re talking about Twitter…or Salsa…
I would guess that many of you have already received these awards several times over like I have, but the rules don’t specify how many times you can receive them. So…add one more to your collection! This versatile group of bloggers blog about pop culture, health issues, art, cooking, book reviews, politics, and life in general. And most importantly, they all make me laugh! Check ‘em out. You’ll quickly learn why I’m giving them this award. In no particular order…
- I Still Just Don’t Get It
- A Lot About Nothing
- Pinch My Cheekie
- Brokey McPoverty
- A Word or Three
- Girl on the Contrary
- This Cannot Be My Life
- Peg-o-Leg’s Ramblings
- I Am Your People
- comida de la vida
- The Boogie Blog
Congratulations! And consider yourself a recipient of both awards, unless the criteria for the Liebster award doesn’t apply to you (u>200 followers).
The Shameless Plug
And finally, I think I mentioned this in the last post but since we’re talking about awards here, I felt it was appropriate to mention it again. I received Honorable Mention for this post over at HumorPress.com. Check it out!
That’s all for now. Happy New Year! New Year’s Resolutions post coming soon…