This is the official one year birthablogiversary of Magnet for Foolishness!
It’s hard to believe that I started this blog November 21, 2010. It seems like just yesterday I was telling you guys about my adventures buying a book, being set on fire (but not really), and making tough life decisions. Almost a thousand comments later, I’ve e-met tons of other cool people, bloggers and non-bloggers, that I otherwise may have never e-met. I was “Freshly Pressed” on WordPress for this post and overnight became an international heroine for introverts! I was also nominated by a jury of my peers for The Versatile Blogger Award (I haven’t forgotten about you or you). THANKS TO YOU, it’s been a good year!
I thought we could celebrate the one year birthablogiversary (I promise this is the last time I’ll use this “word”) by reminiscing about some of my and your favorite posts. Choosing my favorites out of all the posts I’ve written is kinda like a parent choosing a favorite child, and then telling everybody their choice. It seems unnatural. It seems inappropriate. It seems wrong. But when have I ever cared about any of that? So I did it anyway and it actually wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be.
Out of the 40+ posts I’ve written, here are my favorites in no particular order:
- I am practicing abstinence. I’ve got two words for you: SEX. SELLS. I never doubted this for a minute, but then I saw my reads go up…way up (no pun intended) when I published this post. And then my reads spiked again in 20 Questions when I mentioned a then-pregnant Mariah Carey being nude on the cover of a magazine. And then again with “…i will make your toes curl in pleasure…” I seriously considered naming every post from then on out something sexual. But I thought it might be bad blog karma to try to trick people into reading my blog.
- “Did I brush my teeth today?” And other reasons why Motherhood might not be ready for me. I’m proud to announce that since I wrote this post, I’ve made a conscious effort to make sure that my teeth are brushed every single day! Sometimes even 2 or 3 times a day! So motherhood is totally ready for me now!
- Apparently, there are some things that a Master’s degree just can’t help you with. And every day I discover more things I can add to this list. Like parallel parking.
- Guaranteed weight loss! Follow these 10 easy steps! I need more testimonials! If you tried this weight loss plan and it worked for you, let me know 😉
- Introverts vs. Extroverts: It’s Time to Set the Record Straight. When I wrote this post, I had no idea that I would become the international spokesperson for introverts. And to think I was actually hesitant about publishing this post (for obvious introverted reasons). But BOY I’m glad I did!
- Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled. I miss Dave Chappelle.
- Say My Name, Say My Name: A Parent’s Guide to Kid-Naming in 2011. I’ve been asked to update this “Guide” for 2012…we’ll see what happens. 😀
- Sonya’s Favorite Things – Part 2 . Preceded by Sonya’s Favorite Things – Part 1 and followed by Sonya’s LEAST Favorite Things. This feels weird because it’s kinda like I had triplets and I’m choosing my favorite from among them. But I really had fun writing this post and I hope you had as much fun reading it.
- The Raining Queen of Random Thoughts. Me and hummus continue to have a strained relationship. But we’re working on it.
- Make those participles dangle, girl!! While I didn’t particularly enjoy the experiences I recapped in this post, I enjoyed writing the post, and especially naming it! The title sounds dirty, but it’s not…it reminds me of a rap song!
So what’s next for Magnet for Foolishness you ask? More blog posts here? Guest posts other places? A spin-off blog? A book? Retirement?–>(Just kidding. Maybe.) Who knows…you’ll just have to stay tuned to see!
Now, it’s your turn. What are your favorite posts from Magnet for Foolishness and why? Share your favorites in the comments section.