I know you’ve been anxiously awaiting this since Sonya’s Favorite Things – Part 1 and you probably thought I forgot. But I didn’t. Here is the rest of the list to round out my top 20…
12) Commercials. I like commercials in general, but here are a few of my favorites: (stuff I have done) Laughing Cow “Crazy Day” & Bounce dryer bar; (stuff I haven’t done, but seems like something I would do) Cheetos commercial & Skittles commercial; (other stuff that gives me a chuckle) Old Spice “The man your man could smell like”, Oreo cookies (even though I hate Oreos because they taste like burntness), and Head & Shoulders.
13) Dimples. Look at the pictures. No additional explanation needed.
14) Saxophones. Want instant sexiness? Add saxophones to any situation you’re in. As I type this, I’m sitting in Panera Bread and there is a dude at the table next to mine who sneezed like 4 times in a row and didn’t cover his mouth. And a dude at the table behind me who is sucking the fool out of a smoothie that he finished 5 minutes ago but seems to think there is still some left. But it’s ok. Because Panera is playing jazz right now. And those saxophones are just plain sexy. So I’m slightly less annoyed. (BTW, I know Lisa Simpson doesn’t exactly equal “sexiness” but she’s my girl. And she plays the saxophone.)
15) Being courted. So everybody has their own definition and standards for exactly what courting is, what an acceptable act of courtship is, etc. Personally, I get tickled pink when you send me a text asking how my day is going or if I had lunch yet. And then I say, “Yes, I just ate.” And you say, “Was it good?” And I say, “YES! ;)” And you say, “What did you have?” And I say “a shrimp Caesar salad.” And you say “Did they take the tails off the shrimp? I know how you hate when they leave the tails on.” I know you couldn’t care less about my shrimp Caesar salad, but you get MAD points just for acting like you do…
16) People who DON’T pop gum or pen caps. Nothing good in life is going to come to you if you’re a popper. NOTHING. I promise you. You can be my BFF and I could be just about to donate a kidney to you. But pop something in my ear if you want to…I’m taking my kidney back.
17) Relaxers. I love relaxers. I love them so much, in fact, I almost dedicated an entire post to them. And I still might. Shout out to the big homie Willow Smith for the whole “Whip My Hair” craze last year. Even though she’s like 3 years old, there was a time when she had EVERYBODY singing and dancing to this song. But I digress…the point is, I like relaxers and I “whip my hair” with one every chance I get. Because I like being able to comb my hair. And if I didn’t get a relaxer…I wouldn’t be able to comb my hair. Actually, as soon as I finish this post, I think I might go get a relaxer…
18) Girl crushes. Or should I say, the fact that it’s perfectly acceptable to have a girl crush. Or several. Yes, it’s a fact. And here are my top girl crushes: Janet Jackson (
goddess, entertainer, rock star, legend); Tina Fey (writer, actress, one of the funniest women in the comedy game right now); Bethenny Frankel and Kandi Burruss (my reality TV show BFFs); and Michelle Obama (first lady extraordinaire). Honorable mentions include Salma Hayek, Chelsea Handler, and Rihanna (don’t judge me).
19) Commas. You know it’s funny, but this is something that really annoys me in other people’s writing, and I call them out on it all the time, but when I look back through my own stuff, I actually use a lot of commas, too, because they seem necessary to getting my point across effectively, because I want people to be able to understand what I’m saying, you know, when I write, as if I’m actually talking to them.
20) Blogs. I’m so late on everything. I figured out what Facebook was a year after everybody else was already tired of it. And late last year, I discovered what a web log better known as a “blog” is. And shortly thereafter, I decided to start one of my own. I think the first blog I ever subscribed to was this one. I still read it daily. I recently subscribed to this one, which has mouth-watering recipes with tantalizing pictures. I also support my friends’ blogs and appreciate the regular commenters on my blog who have been with me since the beginning. Yes. I realize that was a lot of hyperlinks in one sentence.
So there you have it….my top 20 favorite things! What are some of your favorite things? Share them with me in the comments section.