Since this is my 20th post (MY how time flies), I’ve decided to pose 20 questions that have been on my mind (semi-VIBE magazine) style) and in a couple of instances, a few follow-up questions, and/or an additional two cents. You may have been wondering these same things…
1) Who made up the rule that you shouldn’t be able to smell your own perfume on yourself? What sense does that make? How else will you know if it’s working?
2) If you’re at a lounge where they frisk you SO THOROUGHLY at the door that you give THEM your $25 co-pay and tell them to bill Blue Cross Blue Shield for the rest, AND they take your comb out of your purse because they said that “some people have used this type of comb as a weapon,” shouldn’t you NOT go in?
3) Why don’t people think about what they want to write BEFORE they take the cap off the marker? Don’t take the cap off and THEN think about it. That adds to the unnecessary smells that already exist in the world. Plus I’m pretty sure it contributes to global warming.
4) Doesn’t it seem like Mariah Carey has been pretty low profile during her pregnancy? You know…for Mariah Carey? (Please note: At the time I wrote this post, I didn’t know that she would be nude on the cover of the April 18, 2011 issue of Life and Style magazine. So never mind.)
5) Why is fridge short for refrigerator, but refrigerator doesn’t have a ‘d’ in it?
7) Was it just me, or was watching Real Housewives of Miami like watching paint dry? It was worse than Real Housewives of D.C….if that’s possible!
8 ) Isn’t it annoying when a hairdresser KEEPS styling your hair after they (or you) have finished it perfectly the way you want it AND YOU TOLD THEM THAT IT WAS FINE?
9) Can somebody explain to me EXACTLY what I’m supposed to do with my LinkedIn account?
10) Is “It is what it is” the new “I’m just sayin’ ” ?
11) And why is everybody so against the word “swagger” now?
12) Do those webbed-looking, between-the-toes shoes give you the heebie jeebies? They do me…
13) Does anybody besides me take issue with Jennifer Hudson’s new grammatically incorrect song title “Where you at?” She looks great BTW and is very talented, but someone should tell her it’s “Where are you?”
14) Do you ever go to the bathroom to like…use the bathroom…but forget why you went in there and wind up singing Rihanna songs and dancing in the mirror? Yeah..me neither.
15) Did I say 20 questions? I meant 15. I’m working on making my posts shorter. Actually, I guess I meant 14 since this one doesn’t really count.
Got answers to these questions? Got questions of your own? Let me hear from you…